Monday, March 22, 2010

Restless

That would describe me lately. I have two issues going on that require waiting to see what unfolds. One is mostly financial. The other is what path to go down in life. (no wonder I'm restless right?!)
We are doing the visits to each Catholic High School this spring. We have visited one so far and I absolutely loved it. Jack liked it alot. He doesn't show much emotion but he did express how much he liked it. (I have to add here too that I was incredibly proud of how he interacted with the faculty and how he carried himself that day. He was such a...well, young man).
The outside didn't look like much but we were really impressed. The price tag isn't bad and is actually doable. The school was small so it was comparable to the environment he is in now.
I am sure over the next few weeks, we will be able to have more to compare.
The issue is that Jack wants to go to this particular high school. It is an all boys school and is far away. He would have to board. I haven't even begun to think about how I will handle his absence during the week. Right now I have just tried to focus on what an incredible opportunity that would be for him (especially with a house full of sisters). I am also wondering how I am going to get the money tree out back to finally bloom $1000 bills. I don't feel as restless about this decision because we have been down this path before when deciding what elementary school to send the kids to. All we did was attend open houses and homeschooled for a year before the choice was made known. I have not been disappointed so far in where they are at now. It is the same as this situation for the most part. Attend open houses and go from there. Financially I don't see how the numbers will work but I have faith that if he is meant to go, the Lord will provide the funding for that.
The other issue: I am on the wait list to get into Nursing School. The wait is one year longer than I was initially told. What if I get pregnant? What if we can't financially do the things we want to do. So many what ifs down that path. Too many to go into here.
I have been praying fervently about it and have heard nothing but silence on the matter. I decided last week that I would go to confession. I do believe in God's mercy. I also truly believe that it is harder to hear Him when we are stuffed full of sins that need to be purged.
I find the whole process of confession frightening (for I truly believe I am saying my sins to Jesus) and incredibly peaceful. There is nothing like walking out of confession. I always feel light in my heart (lighthearted??). Anyways, I prayed some more about the second issue listed above. I was surprised with an answer. His answer is that He wants me to be totally dependant upon Him for this. I don't need clarification. I need to know that He is going to give me strength and wisdom when I need it and not a moment before. He is telling me that I need to live in the moment more and not worry so much about things that have not yet come to pass. He knows this is not a comfortable thing for me to do. I will step outside this comfort zone and follow His lead. Where He leads me, I will follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment