Thursday, June 4, 2009

Anniversary and a case of cramping....

Yesterday was a little crazy around here. I was up at night with this painful cramp in the middle of my lower abdomen. I didn't get worried until I couldn't find a comfortable position to lay in to escape some of the pain. Being that it was the middle of the night, I contemplated driving myself to the ER just to see what was going on. I really feared a miscarriage. I had never experienced that before. I waited until morning and the pain was a little better (at least when I laid a certain way). I called the dr. first thing. Matt drove the kids to school and came back to take me to my appt.
I turned to him at one point and said that I was glad he was home for our 15th anniversary but this isn't what I had in mind. We arrived at the dr. on time. As I told the nurse my symptoms, she got that hushed tone that people get who know that this may not have a good outcome. That's when the anxiety really set in. As soon as the dr. came in, the flood gate opened. He asked why I was crying. Um, hello, I am pregnant, do I need a reason to begin with?? Everything checked out alright though. The best part of all...we got to hear the baby's heartbeat. What an awesome anniversary gift. Matt and I truly have been blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment