If this blog's purpose is to document, I must take a break from walking down memory lane in order to acknowledge the happenings of the present. Yesterday the 44th president of the United States of America was sworn in. I am left to wonder if I paid more attention to it because I follow these things now. Or did I pay attention to it because one couldn't escape it? It is a very historical moment...one cannot deny this no matter what your feeling on the matter may be. Two things struck me as I listened to Pres. Obama's inauguration:
1) The part of President Obama's speech where he said,
"For those who seek to advance their aims by inducing terror and slaughtering innocents, we say to you now that our spirit is stronger and cannot be broken; you cannot outlast us, and we will defeat you." —Inaugural Speech, January 20th, 2009
2) The benediction of the inauguration where Rev. Lowery said,
"Lord, in the memory of all the saints who from their labors rest, and in the joy of a new beginning, we ask you to help us work for that day when black will not be asked to get back, when brown can stick around -- (laughter) -- when yellow will be mellow -- (laughter) -- when the red man can get ahead, man -- (laughter) -- and when white will embrace what is right." --Inaugural Speech, January 20th, 2009
If you do not understand where I am going with this...read no further for it will make no sense to you. The words "slaughtering innocents" keep running through my head. Was I hearing it right? The slaughtering of the innocents! Mr. President, do you understand the weight of what you just said? Do you understand what you just conveyed to the Pro-Life Americans that ten minutes ago you swore to uphold and protect. The constitution says that ALL men are created equal. That was not always so...we know that. We have proven we can rise above. We have shown that we have come so far and can still keep working. We can all agree on that. Where we have trouble is with the word Created. How does one get here if not through it's mother womb? ALL men are CREATED equal. Not, ALL men are CREATED equal ...unless its inconvenient. SO excuse me if I am not jumping up and down at this new president. It's not because the color of his skin...and if you read two posts ago...you will understand where I stand on race. It's because his record of being the most liberal senator. It's because of his stance on those innocents...the unborn. It's because of the Born Alive Act, it's because of his promise to Planned Parenthood, it's because of the White House's website about how he feels about women.
People are running around shouting about how wonderful Obama is and now we have hope. But dare I burst their bubble and ask, "what has he done in government that would give you that hope?" Sure, he has beaten many odds. Do we not realize that we always have hope. Why have we put all of our hope in one man's hands? Are people so separated from our Lord that we place all of our beliefs in a man who has no track record?
But dare I say anymore? Rev. Lowery made it known how he feels about me if I lash out anymore. Sorry, but that statement was racist and I was shocked when I heard it. And he didn't say, "May the white always embrace what is right". He said, "When the white will embrace what is right".
So what is this SAHM/PT student supposed to do about all of this? I will just have to spend more time on my knees, placing these feelings in the care of my Lord. After all, there is only one Man I place my hope in...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment