
Another happening in my life that is of some significance is:
The Good Lord wasn't done with His graces yet...he moved our hearts once again. I have always suffered from heavy and painful periods. The dr. that delivered Olivia kept insisting I go on the pill. I just didn't feel like that was the answer to my problems. I asked about other treatments and was told there was a new one called Laser Ablation. Huh? BBQ my uterus? No thanks. And with a heavy heart, I left him. I decided I was going to get a woman and I was going Pro-Life. We have an HMO...and for those who have an HMO, you know how fun it is to Dr. shop! I was listening to a Catholic radio station online and they had an ad for a woman's center. I looked it up online to see where it was. A little far but nothing I couldn't do once a year. I held my breath and looked into my health care provider booklet. Lo and behold, a Dr. from this center was listed and she was a WOMAN! I cried. Then I called for an appt. I cried to the receptionist who I am sure thought I was a lunatic...bless her heart, she never made me feel like I was. You know what was even the best part? I didn't have to wait a month to get in (like with my previous dr.) and I had an appt. for the very next week. Matt got home and I cried some more.
I went to my first appt. and when I told the dr. my symptoms she patted my leg and said I had been suffering too long. There was a hormone that was deficient in me and they prescribed a bioidentical (not biosynthetic) replacement. It has changed my life. (disclaimer: always see your health care professional for advice and never go by someone else's success story...each body is made differently). While talking with my dr. I inquired if she knew of any urologists that would reverse vasectomies. She gave me a name but she was unsure of where his office was. I don't know why I asked this because Matt and I were not talking of reversal at the time. It just popped into my head and came out my mouth. I walked out of my appt with a prescription to a new way of life and a dr.'s name I didn't even glance at ...and guess what I did? Yep, I cried.
A little while after that appt., Matt started having some discomfort and swelling..umm..down there. He saw his PCP and was given motrin. This helped with the swelling but not with the discomfort. Remember when I spoke about Em's adoption and how there was no real discussion? Well, Matt mentioned that maybe we should investigate a reversal. Guess who had a name? Guess where the dr. was located? Less than a mile from our house! We investigated cost....no, it wasn't cheap. In mid 2008, Matt went in for a reversal. The dr. said that on one side, the vas tubes had grown back together but was pinched (hence the swelling and discomfort). It was not an easy procedure and the first week was not fun for him. He is all hooked back up and we are learning NFP (which coincidentally, I have to know a basic form of it to monitor when I ovulate due to my medication). I have to say though that we have regained something in the bedroom that we weren't even fully aware we had lost...it was the union of a man and woman embracing in an act that is a gift from God. We finally had "us" back the way it was meant to be.
I went to my first appt. and when I told the dr. my symptoms she patted my leg and said I had been suffering too long. There was a hormone that was deficient in me and they prescribed a bioidentical (not biosynthetic) replacement. It has changed my life. (disclaimer: always see your health care professional for advice and never go by someone else's success story...each body is made differently). While talking with my dr. I inquired if she knew of any urologists that would reverse vasectomies. She gave me a name but she was unsure of where his office was. I don't know why I asked this because Matt and I were not talking of reversal at the time. It just popped into my head and came out my mouth. I walked out of my appt with a prescription to a new way of life and a dr.'s name I didn't even glance at ...and guess what I did? Yep, I cried.
A little while after that appt., Matt started having some discomfort and swelling..umm..down there. He saw his PCP and was given motrin. This helped with the swelling but not with the discomfort. Remember when I spoke about Em's adoption and how there was no real discussion? Well, Matt mentioned that maybe we should investigate a reversal. Guess who had a name? Guess where the dr. was located? Less than a mile from our house! We investigated cost....no, it wasn't cheap. In mid 2008, Matt went in for a reversal. The dr. said that on one side, the vas tubes had grown back together but was pinched (hence the swelling and discomfort). It was not an easy procedure and the first week was not fun for him. He is all hooked back up and we are learning NFP (which coincidentally, I have to know a basic form of it to monitor when I ovulate due to my medication). I have to say though that we have regained something in the bedroom that we weren't even fully aware we had lost...it was the union of a man and woman embracing in an act that is a gift from God. We finally had "us" back the way it was meant to be.
No comments:
Post a Comment